NYC Call today
So today I got a call from MTV in New York.
No Joke.
Very, very strange.
Apparently they got my number somehow and are wanting to do a documentary on young couples getting married before the end of this year who are ages 18-21.
How on earth did MTV get my #? If you are getting married by the end of this year and want to be on their documentary, email me and I'll get you in touch with them for their show!



8 Comments:
Hey, it's an open call. They posted about this on DWF. Apparently they got our info from a mailing list there or somewhere. Not sure exactly. I got the call too a few weeks back.
Do you have any couples that meet that criteria? It'd be fun and perfect for you, Lauren. Especially since you are really good at the fashion thing and are headed that way soon.
Hope you get some nibbles!
Kristin, I don't have any. I wish it were for next year! You didn't have any either?
I have a bride on December 29th, that you would be more than welcome to come and shoot with me. It's in Houston, about 200+ guests. What's the criteria? Email me some details and I let you know if they would work!
No, not that wanted to be featured on MTV, you know? I mean, would you have wanted them there at your wedding? I don't know...
The trend, I'm hearing about, are couples getting married younger, and older rather than the inbetween. Something about the "waiting" until marriage thing, and abstinence before marriage due to non-religious reasons.
My one couple that young this year, I didn't even ask. Church of Christ and definitely NOT in the mindset to be on MTV. It's the devil, afterall. LOL
Hey, Rami? If your couple go's for it, tell them to send me an invite. I'd love to watch the drama!
Okay, I have to add this.
My previous post might make one think that I think MTV is afterall, the devil.
No. Inspiring, yes. Truthful, not always. And warping young minds, most definitely, but I still tune in.
GO Laguna Beach.
I love Laguna Beach! And yes, MTV is the devil, but I love it. haha. Actually, at 24, I think I am just now starting to grow out of some of those shows...but I still love some of the newer ones like LB and 8th & Ocean (I hope its coming back).
ANYWAY, I would be very wary of anything MTV is doing. They always have an agenda. I don't know if y'all remember, but they came a few years ago to do a documentary about the Lubbock Youth Commission. My dad was in it because he speaks in schools about abstinence and the Youth Commission was basically against him and abstinence being taught in schools. They really twisted a lot of the things he said in his interviews around (the wonders of editing) to promote their agenda...which was basically safe sex should be taught in schools because kids are going to do it anyway, and and anyone that thinks abstinence exists is a crazy conservative Christian that is ignorant to what is really going on in the world.
My guess is that they are wanting to put some kind of negative spin on getting married young...but who knows!
denae,
good points. You said exactly what I was thinking.
Post a Comment
<< Home