Sunday, September 10, 2006

Apple Pickin'

This afternoon after going to church, Mom, Magen, Josh and I went to the Apple Butter Festival in Idalou where you can eat BBQ, listen to bluegrass and pick your own apples. We had home groups tonight so I wanted to make this wonderful Apple Cake that I learned how to make about a year ago. Well, I didn't have enough of everything so I tried to adjust for a few things and thought I would throw in a little bit of red food coloring just for the heck of it.

Well, I literally threw the red dye, but unfortunately it did not go anywhere near the cake batter. I dropped the larger than normal bottle of red dye on the cream colored tile, the light brown cabinets and my very light blue jeans. It looked like I had just been involved in a bloody fight. Josh jumped out of his seat to help because he had thought that it really was blood!

My Apple Cake was a hit, but now my nice jeans are not too nice any longer:(.

Here is the recipe if you would like to try it (I would suggest to leave out the red dye)...

Tina's Apple Cake

2 cups of Apples cut into small pieces and set aside.

Mix the following well with an electric mixer:
1 c. oil
1 1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 c. applesauce
2 T. honey

Add & mix well:
3 c. flour
1 t. soda
1 t. salt
1 1/2 t. nutmeg
3 t. cinnamon
3 t. vanilla

Finally add:
2 c. cut-up apples

Preheat oven to 325 and cook in a bundt pan for 50-75 minutes. I check
my cake every five minutes after 50 minutes to make sure it is at the perfect
temperature and then take it out and let it cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm with
a cold glass of milk.

mmmmmmmmmm....


4 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger cristy cross said...

I have apples I picked from my backyard in Albq that I brought with me to Clovis so I could make an apple pie. You are gearing me up to want to make my apple yummies.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger kristinbednarz said...

oh, no! I realize I'm not supposed to be laughing, but gosh! What a mess! I kinda like the jeans though. Maybe through some different color on there and just go with it.

LOL

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you posted that recipe...woulda been my next question. :)

Just pretend the jeans are MEANT to have red splashes on them. ;)

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That apple cake looks really good! Thanks for the recipe!

And sorry about the jeans...I hope it wasn't your favorite pair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page