Thursday, June 22, 2006

Day 1 - Mesa Verde and La Plata Canyon

It's almost been a year!
Mike and Laura Clark
Sean and Di Clark

We just drove home from Durango, Colorado a few minutes ago and I am back in the saddle again! I had over 50 new emails since I left a few days ago and have caught up finally!

So back to the vacation... Josh and I drove up to Santa Fe Friday night to stay with his parents on their 25th wedding anniversary (seriously, the wanted us to stay with them on their anniversary night!). We woke up the next morning and ate at a neat coffee shop, walked around the market place and then headed up the rest of the way to Durango. This is sort of our one year anniversary trip also since we will have two weddings on our 1 year weekend (which is my 21st birthday also! Don't worry, it will only be chocolate milk for me!:).

When we got to Durango we met up with Josh's uncle Sean and Aunt Di and trucked along to Mesa Verde, the National Park with the cave dwellings of the ancient Indians. I made a trip there in 4th grade when we lived in Colorado, but I didn't remember it being so HOT outside! We huffed and puffed our way back up the trail and back into the car for another haul to La Plata Canyon where we saw our first waterfall of the trip.

So finally, enough of the typing... here are a few pictures from day 1 of the trip!

2 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Blogger Joshua Smith-Cinematographer said...

THOSE LOOK AWESOME!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page