Thursday, June 01, 2006

Meridian turns 2 today!

Today is Meridian's 2nd Birthday.

She hasn't had a bath in over a year.
Today, Meridian, got a birthday bath!

If you don't know Meridian, she is our fierce Great Dane with a wobbly leg.

Meridian was a sad, sad puppy when I met her. Her brothers and sisters all were in the pet hospital for parvo and erlichia. Meridian only got away with erlichia (a blood disease caused by infected ticks that eats the white blood cells). This poor pup had a blood transfusion when she was only 8 weeks old. She had been bought and returned to the pet shop three times before I got to her. Meridian only weighed 11 pounds when I bought her (now she is probably 110).

When I saw her I had to have her, without asking anyone, I bought the puppy and brought it home to my parents house. What a suprise! She peed on the floor right when we got home and my parents were anxious to see what I did to discipline the dog. After puppy classes and the wonderful great dane forum, I have raised a wonderful, loving, velcro dog. She leaves the room when I do, she cuddles with you when you lay on the floor and she LOVES other people. It is hard to believe that I have almost had her for two years!

I am so in love with my "puppy", I just can't tell you! Happy Birthday Meridian!

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger kristinbednarz said...

Happy Birthday Meridian!

We so need to get Canon and Her together for a photo shoot! Do a total Black and White Theme. How fun would that be?!?!

Kristin

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Toni said...

What would be fun is Canon's face when he sees her...haha!!! Happy B-day Meridian!!!! What a doll she is.

 
At 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful girl!

We also have a harliquin great dane and they are truly wonderful, kind and loving. Our lives just wouldn't be the same without her.

Please post more pictures of Meridian whenever you can!

Gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page