Saturday, February 11, 2006

First Glance

Taken with my 35-350mm in Acuna, Mexico. January 4, 2005.

Josh is skiing in Colorado this weekend with his buddies and I am left home alone to pack up the house. It is a real mess in here. I was looking through some old pictures with Robyn last night and found this one. I went on a mission trip with www.lifechurch.tv last January and took my digital camera and my video phone. Without knowing a lick of Spanish, photography was the only way I got through to these kids. Everywhere we went they would recognize me from our street visits and run up to me and say "!QUESO!". I would video them, take their picture and then show it to them. The rest of the group from Oklahoma told me I was the Pied Piper to those kids. Most of them have probably never had their picture taken, much less seen their picture on the back of a digital camera. This is my new favorite picture. Photography can bring people together even when language cannot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page